National accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration laboratories is an autonomous institution of Government of India. NABAL has bestowed upon an objective to give accreditations for testing laboratories after making third party assessment of the quality and technical competency of the incumbent laboratories. The institutions who aspire to get accreditation from NABAL has to meet the objective criteria set forward in this connection which are based on internationally accepted standard for laboratory accreditation ISO/IEC 17025.
Laboratory accreditation facilitates authenticative third party certification of competent laboratories to perform testing and calibration services.
- Brings enhanced customer satisfaction and confidence as they can rely the parameters of testing and calibration
- The entity served by the laboratory may enjoy better customer acceptance and market credibility.
- Brings better quality assurance to products
- Additional information about the quality of each measurement made during the calibration / testing process enables assessment of relative quality and capability of different calibration / testing laboratories
- Enables easy comparison of measurement expertise from different calibration suppliers
- Enables easy comparison of suppliers in different countries
- Eliminates the need for supplier auditing as calibration and testing serves as an inbuilt mechanism for supplier verification independently .
- Laboratory Accreditation provides a reliable source to customers and public for calibration and testing.
- Laboratory accreditation brings general confidence in testing and calibration reports.