Insight will be able to guide in FSSAI License matters.

  1. Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk/day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
  2. Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit having installed capacity more than 2 MT per day.
  3. All slaughter houses equipped to slaughter more than 50 large animals or 150 or more small animals including sheep and goats or 1000 or more poultry birds per day.
  4. Meat processing units equipped to handle or process more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
  5. All food processing units other than mentioned under (I) to (IV) including relabellers and repackers having installed capacity more than 2 MT/day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
  6. 100 % Export Oriented Units.
  7. All Importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use.
  8. All food business operators manufacturing any article of food containing ingredients or substances or using technologies or processes or combination thereof whose safety has not been established through these regulations or which do not have a history of safe use or food containing ingredients which are being introduced for the first time into the country.
  9. Food Business Operator operating in two or more states.
  10. Food catering services in establishments and units under Central government Agencies like Railways, Air and airport, Seaport, Defence etc.

The FSSAI required documents for Food License depends on what kind of registration you require like – Simple Registration Form A or Food License Form B. Whether you require Form A or Form B now depends on your annual turnover. For tiny FBO only registration with Food authority is required.


Annual Turnover


Below 12 lakhs Registration FORM A
12 – 20 Lakhs State License FORM B
Above 20 Lakhs Central License FORM B

FSSAI Registration Form A 
Basic FSSAI Registration Form A is needed to be filed when the small FBO has an annual turnover of less than 12 lakhs
State FSSAI License Form B  
State FSSAI License form B is needed to be filed when the food unit’s turnover is less than 20 crores and whose area of operation is limited to the state only. It is given by the Government of state.
Central FSSAI License Form B
Central FSSAI License form B is needed to be filed when the food unit’s turnover is more than 20 crores. It is given by the Central Government of India.