INSIGHT is able to guide organisations in BSCI system implementation.
The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) is an industry-driven movement that aims to monitor and assess workplace standards across the global supply chain. There is growing expectation that companies not only ensure their own businesses are responsible, but that their suppliers are also demonstrating social responsibility. A BSCI audit helps a business monitor its supply chain to ensure that all suppliers are treating workers ethically and legally.
There are multiple benefits to conducting a Business Social Compliance Initiative audit of your supply chain:
- Ensure workers throughout your supply chain are being treated ethically and their rights respected – including freedom of association, fair remuneration, health & safety and prohibition of child labor
- Avoid negative press if it is found your suppliers are treating workers poorly
- Enhance your reputation among consumers as a reputable and ethical company and develop a competitive edge
- Improve your relationship with suppliers
- Smooth your journey to SA8000